A lot of people have been asking me for help on the game, and it's always been on the same two parts so far. Here's a quick walk through for the areas that seem to be where people have been getting stuck. Keep in mind that I've only played the Japanese version, and there might be some differences in the names of the enemies or places. But hopefully this can help a bit...
Village & Furu-dera (Old Temple)
AKEBI VILLAGE & FURU-DERA ("THE OLD TEMPLE")
After learning the Shikigami skills from Kakuju-jii chan, try to talk to as many people as you can, and eventually, you'll learn that there's a family in Akebi Village who have had their daughter kidnapped by the spider youkai. As you leave the village, it should trigger the next event, which is to go to the foothills nearby and to FURU-DERA.
From the entrance of the old temple, you can go in any direction you like (straight into the doors, to the right, or to the left), since they all take you to the same place (which is a corridor in the back). I usually go either to the left or straight through the doors to collect items. The fastest way is to go LEFT. Keep in mind you'll likely get into a few random battles along the way. The person I usually protect the most is Kagome, since she has the ability to heal people. Inuyasha, Kururugi, and Shippou do most of the attacking.
- Go to the left, go through the door on either side and you'll end up in a miasma-filled corridor. (If you go straight into the front door, once you're in the room, head to the left. I think there's one more room to the left, and then you end up in the same left-hand miasma-filled corridor.)
- Then go straight back, and through the door in the back.
- One the next screen, turn directly to the left and enter the room. You'll see a glowing item on the ground. Pick it up, and that's a key.
- Go back outside, back into the corridor, and then go straight (you're running to the right now). Along the bottom of the screen, you'll come to a sliding door. If you found that door before getting the key, you'll have found it was locked. Use the key to open the door.
- This takes you into a room with a save point (the Memory Cat) and a set of stairs that go down. Go down the stairs.
- Go through the door in the back. Turn left, and go down the corridor.
- Go into the last door along the bottom of the screen. Go straight down that corridor, and then to the last door on the right side of the screen. Once you enter that door, let the game take over.
- You'll get a scene where Inuyasha smells human blood and knows that the spider youkai is nearby. After he, leaves, and then Shippou and Kagome go after him, you'll get control of your player again.
- Start running down the room, and about two-thirds along the way, look for a door along the top of the screen. Go inside, and let the game take over again. There's your spider.
JOUKA-MACHI ("THE TOWN UNDER THE CASTLE")
When you first enter that town, you'll have a conversation between the characters about the town. After that, cross the bridge to the entrance screen, where there are some shops. You might want to stock up on supplies.
- You may want to talk to a man who should be hiding in the alleyway right at the top right side of that screen. He'll tell you something about youkai trying to find him...
- Go back down and turn to the right to the next screen. This should be the "upper right hand corner" of town. There's a little alleyway on the upper left side that you can walk into. Go in there, find the man to talk to, and there will be a little conversation between the characters.
- Then look for the inn, which is to the right of the entrance to the town. Talk to the boy right at the entrance. He will give you a pinwheel (kazaguruma). Then talk to the woman to the right. After another group of women come out of the in, one of them will give you a riceball (nigiri-meshi).
- Go back inside the inn and you'll see a man standing inside. You'll recognize him as the man you met in Kasasagi Town (the supply village where you first fought Kagura). Talk to him. He'll go with you to the guards at the castle gate and they should let you in with him.
- From there, you'll enter into the castle, and after a battle with the youkai at the entrance, you'll meet a samurai inside of the castle entrance, who will tell you about 30 people trapped inside the castle. Good luck finding them all!
RETURN TO JOUKA-MACHI & SESSHOUMARU
Following your return to Joukamachi, you'll have one battle with Kagura near the entrance of the village. Once you beat her, you can head into the castle.
- Directly from the entrance of the castle, go to the left, continue all the way to the back, and turn to the right. Go a little ways down and find the corridor leading to the right part of the castle. (Getting to this corridor would be blocked if you went to the right from the entrance). Eventually, you'll be able to get yourself to the outside of the castle and get some flowers, which Sango will explain.
- Go back inside, back towards the entrance. Then instead of going all the way there, find the corridor that heads to the left part of the castle. Go into the corridor. Go into the next room, and then you should see a set of stairs leading up to the second floor. Go up.
- On the second floor, head around the stairs and forward, and look for the broken window on the right-hand side. Go outside and run straight across the roof, so you can get back into the second floor of the castle.
- Go forward, around the corner, and use the flowers to get rid of the saimyoushou. (I actually didn't get the flowers first when I played the game so I had to go back out and down to the first floor to get the flowers...!)
- After that (I can't remember if there was a battle or not...) you can go into the now un-saimyoushou-infested area. Go inside, to the right, and then around the corner. Go into the door on the right (there's two doors, and only one is accessible because of the wreckage). There you should have a battle.
- Inuyasha and the others will leave you at this point.
- Go towards the back of the room and out of the back door. Now you're on the other side of the wreckage.
- Go to the back of the corridor, around the corner to the left, and into the first door right before the stairs. There, you should meet Jaken and Sesshoumaru!!1
- Then go up the stairs to the fourth floor.
From here, it's pretty straightforward process to get to the boss.
MORE WALKTHROUGHS COMING SOON:
Ayame Village, Yourouzoku Forest, and finding the wolf clan
Inuyasha characters & story © 1996-2004 Rumiko Takahashi, Shogakukan
Inuyasha: Juso no Kamen © 2004 BANDAI
Copyright infringement is not intended. Used without permission.
No profit is made from this website.
Please do not redistribute or take pictures from this site. Thank you.